Please Visit!





Please help to support Purdy-Joan Art @ Home.
Your support will mean alot to us! Thanks!!

My cute pet

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MPH Book Fair

XX It's been quite some time since I last been online. Lol. Anyway.. Here it is. When I got the time I'll update. So.. As low as RM2, It was written there on the banner that was hanging all around my housing area. Well of course as soon as I spotted the banner (it's hard to miss), being a book lover I just had to go and check it out. The book fair was from 26th August to 1st of September. Sad thing is.. I did pester my father to take me as it was just at the community hall in my area. Why didn't I go myself? Lol. Because my father is gonna pay for whatever books I buy. lol. So i got to bring him along. Anyway.. Argh~ Dragged til the last day only I had the chance to go! :( Well I did go at last. Lol. Happy. Haha.

As I stepped inside the hall.. Wow! So many books! Lol. And for a cheaper price as well! Damn! I got to get something! So I managed to get my hands on three books. Just three books. Sad. It's not really eoungh for me but I've already finish reading all three books while I'm typing this. :( And I want more books!! More!!! Anyway.. I finished my first book in a day. Not very thick so.. Lol.

Author : Cecelia Ahern
Title : If You Could See Me Now




Nice Book. Talks about imaginary friends that comes and go. Lol. Saying that they exist and it's either you see them and feel them or you don't. Here's a bit of the story.

Elizabeth Egan's life is always well-defined until her family enters the picture. As Elizabeth deals with her traumatic past as a daughter deserted by her own mother, she looks after the other family members left behind. As history repeats itself and her sister runs away with her car, she is left to take care of her nephew and her nephew's new invisible friend, Ivan. However, Elizabeth starts seeing Ivan and through him, sees her world with renewed hope and excitement.

Trapped in a stifling small, Elizabeth Egan had always been known as a serious woman, never laughing at jokes or taking joys from the simplest pleasure of life.

This is due to the effect of being abandoned by her free-spirited mother when she was young and was forced to grow up to babysit her sister, Saoirse. Her predicament was made worse when her father was ever watchful that Elizabeth did not end up being like her mother,seeing that her face features took after her mother.

In the end, it was really Saoirse (her younger sister) that takes over their mother's character to the extent of being pregnant and not knowing who the father's child was. On the night of what would have been Elizabeth's greatest night of her career, Saoirse's predicament caused Elizabeth to reach a crossroad and ended her dreams of ever pursuing happiness with the man she had truly loved.

Not that Saoirse cared anyway.

Taking advantage of the obliged responsibilities instilled in Elizabeth, Saoirse continued to lead live with abandonment leaving Elizabeth to be stuck with Luke.

Though Elizabeth seems to appear cold and cool-headed,but deep inside she felt like she was the most loneliest being in the world. Even as she badly needed a friend, she does not think that there is a single soul in this world that can truly understand her.

Until Ivan appears.



Well.. Nice book. Yet I think, I got a feeling I would like the other two books much much better. And yes I can say I love them. Lol.


Cheers~

No comments: